Friday, December 12, 2014

Arcade Night



So, finals are basically over for me right about now. So to celebrate, the man my roommate and a friend of ours headed towards an arcade close to our apartment. Honestly, I haven't been to an arcade since I was about ten. And boy I have seriously been missing out for the last decade. The arcade we went to does unlimited game-play on Wednesday nights for only ten dollars per person. Which was a steal considering that we would have probably spent twenty bucks on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles alone.



For me, my favorite games were, Galaga, Dirty Racing, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Dance Dance. In that order ;) It was great to reawaken my childhood. I can remember spending like twenty bucks worth in quarters playing at the Peter Piper Pizza down the street from my house. This was just as fun. A great way to relax and just blow off steam from the stresses of finals. Especially if this means beating my fiancé three times in a row at Dirty Racing. (Which isn't really saying much because he kicks my butt in basically every other game there).



This is definitely something that I want to do more often. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a great place for date night. It wouldn't have been something I'd done unless someone else had suggested it to me. But I'm super super glad we decided to go! Do you have a local arcade close to where you live? What are your favorite arcade games? (Or at least ones you remember as a child). Let me know friends!

Peace.

2 comments:

  1. (I'm pretty sure that it's just my computer deciding to kick up a fuss, but this is the third time I've tried to comment on this - so I apologize in advance if for some reason all three of the same comment decide to show up later!)

    I love these pictures! You've done a great job of capturing the mood - they look so vintagey and match your subject matter perfectly.

    I haven't been to an arcade in ages (I can't even remember when the last time was) but in my city, an arcade night club just recently opened up. They have a bunch of punk rock shows on different nights of the week, plus old school arcade games and perogies. I haven't been yet because it's a bit out of the way, but you've inspired me to make it a priority.

    Happy weekend, Deanna!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, it only came through once ;)! And the punk rock shows at an arcade sounds like an awesome idea. I'd love to go to a show like that!

      Delete