Thursday, January 29, 2015

WEEKLY FEELS

heavy // filled // calm

Heavy because this week started out with me feeling really overwhelmed. I found out early in the week that my great grandmother had passed away. I was surprised at how weighted I felt from the loss, considering that she was 93. I spent the evening with my grandmother and my aunts and uncle, eating and making funeral plans. I live ten minutes from my grandmother's house so I was one of the first to arrive after we heard the news. The death along with feeling hectic from school and work lead me to come home feeling weighted and generally overwhelmed. It wasn't the best way to start the week.

Fulfilled because sometimes things surprise me. This week I've entered into a really special place with Adam. It's a bit hard to explain, but it's been really good. Relationships aren't always easy, (nor should they be) but it's good to feel like your walking clouds every now and then. And this week, that gentleness has really been a blessing.

And calm. Nothing in my circumstances has really changed since the week started. But the sense of overwhelmingness has all but gone. I am left here in the calm. Just sitting and trusting that all really is well. Worrying won't add an moment of my life. So in the midst of chaos I recline in the arms of the Lord and take things one breath at a time. And that really is a great thing.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment